Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Jacob Moudy- We Were Soldiers

I am reading the book "We Were Soldiers". It follows the story, told by Lt. Colonel Hal Moore, about one of the most intense battles of the Vietnam War. Moore explains every little thing that happens throughout his time in this battle as well as the events and strategies that led up to it. It makes you feel like you are in 1965 and experiencing everything that is happening.
I chose this book because I love history and the military. I've heard many great things about the movie, so I believed that the book would be great too.

3 comments:

Mcapush said...

An author that has the ability to make you feel present in their world definitely adds realism and intensity to the book, especially one involving intense military conflict. It should also make it much more worthwhile.
-Ryan Woodward

Mcapush said...

This book was one of the ones I was considering choosing to read as I enjoy military history. I ended up choosing "The Killer Angels". Interestingly (to my understanding at least), "We Were Soldiers" is told from the soldier's perspective where "The Killer Angels" is told from the perspective of the commanding generals.

- Aaron Putriment

Mcapush said...

I almost chose this book because of my interest in the Vietnam war, despite my lack of knowledge of it (I ultimately chose Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow). This book nearly got me roped in by the fact that it's a semi-autobiography, which would provide for terrific insight to the Vietnam war and the U.S. Army at that time.

-Ryan Koch