Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Aaron Putriment - The Killer Angels

My original choice for this project was actually Uncle Tom's Cabin. However, I was progressing in the book very slowly and it failed to interest me. I was confused about how I would do the project with it taking place in locations like the town of "P-". So, I decided to switch to The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. I was glad I did. I have always been interested in military history and battles, so when I looked at the book list a second time, The Killer Angels stood out the most. So far, the book has been a much more interesting and a much faster read. Its insights into the meaning of the war have been very interesting. The civil war is one war I find the very interesting, both because of the time period and its circumstances. Although I have never looked anywhere as deeply at the battle of Gettysburg as The Killer Angels does, I found it very interesting. I am enjoying this book and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Civil War or American history.

1 comment:

Mcapush said...

Emily Totten
I decided to read "The Killer Angels" because I had heard somethings about it and it sounded very interesting to me. I also think that the fact that is from the South's viewpoint makes it very fascinating as I have only learned about the North and why they fought but have always wondered what it was like for the South fighting in the war. The book takes place during the Civil War and is written in Third Person but follows the different men in Confederate Army, like Robert E. Lee and Richard Ewell. The book shows what it was like to be a part of the army during this time period and what the battles were like. But it also focuses on why these men were fighting and showed that they did do horrible things but were still people.