Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Stephanie Williams-The Last of the Mohicans

I read The Last of the Mohicans and I thought it was an interesting history story. I remember watching the movie in middle school so I thought I should read the book as well. I thought it was interesting to see how different the Hurons and the Mohicans were. Magua was very deceitful and vengeful while the Mohicans were very kind and protective to Munro's daughters. I think that Magua just wanted to marry Cora as a way of angering Munro because Munro had tried to convert Magua which angered him. I also thought it was interesting how Magua continued to escape through every ambush and reappeared to capture Munro's daughters again. My favorite part was in the end where they treated Uncas' death and Cora's death with equal respect. It was appropriate considering all that Uncas had done for Munro's family throughout the novel. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to watching the movie again.

1 comment:

Mcapush said...

Leah Hutchins:
I kind of like your summary of the book. My cousin read it a couple years ago and he said he didn't like it. I think that I do want to read it now. It sounds like a platter full of action with a side of romance.