Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Friday, August 13, 2010

Luxi Qiao-Frost/Nixon

I chose the book Frost/Nixon because I got interested in the movie after seeing the preview. Because I was anticipating only for an insipid report on the details of the interview, the book was unexpectedly entertaining. I can't say Sir David Frost was completely unbiased when writing the book, albeit he did seem to provide a factual description of the interviews, the work behind it all, and the historical framework. Introducing the historical background before writing about the interviews was very helpful, because it clarified certain significant historical events mentioned in the interviews. I think this feature of the book is probably why the book would be comprehensible to a variety of readers. The transcripts in the back were an objective and verbatim depiction of the interviews in conversation form, which was more thorough than the author's own description and was useful for the readers in order to understand the atmosphere of the interviews. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone, who, regardless of the reason, had taken an interest in either Nixon or American history.

1 comment:

Mcapush said...

Kelly Overstreet
I had considered reading Frost/Nixon because I knew the movie had gotten so much praise and I hadn't known there was a book to go along with it. After seeing how you say it is so interesting, I will probably check it out in my free time. Nixon's Watergate scandal has always intrigued me and this seems like a good source for more information on it.