Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jessie Bono on President Calling -- Lyndon Johnson

I chose to listen to the podcast of President Lyndon Johnson. Honestly, I’d heard of President John F. Kennedy and of President Nixon, but I only vaguely recall hearing of President Lyndon Johnson. I think technology is amazing nowadays, that I can listen to the past on my iTouch or computer. It’s just mindblowing to think that years ago, when my 23-year-old brother studied President Johnson or Nixon or Kennedy, he studied their speeches from textbooks or heard the main topics during lectures. I get to hear their voices in person, hear the tone, hear the eloquence. It makes me feel lucky.

Anyways, after listening to the podcast of President Johnson (the speech he made to Congress and his phone conversations), I must say he sounds more like a politician than a man of honor. Even though he had the difficult task of following a man like President Kennedy, he comes across (to me) as a bit manipulative in the use of his “shock techniques” and the phrases and words he uses to describe situations America was going through doing the time. He seemed charismatic and powerful, but I don’t like how manipulative he came across as. It seems that he used his charisma to make things go his way.

No comments: