Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sami Stevenson

I chose the Wizard of Oz because I had seen the movie already and was curious as to what the book would be like. Also my brother a couple years back told me that the story was a reflection on a time in American history so I wanted to see if I could figure out what time that was. I haven't figured it out yet. And when I watched the movie again after finishing the book I discovered that a lot of things had changed, almost as if the movie was a dumbed down version of the book. It lacked the excitement and peculiarity that the book held.

2 comments:

Mcapush said...

Shelbi Nelson in response to Sami Stevenson

Sami, I heard a long time ago that The Wizard of Oz had some sort of hidden significance, sort of like Animal Farm. I have also seen the movie Wizard of Oz but I can't figure out how it's related to American history; once you read it could you let me know? It seems like stories with hidden meanings are very strange when taken literally.

Mcapush said...

Paul Eugenio in response to Sami Stevenson

I find it interesting that there are numerous novels and movies that we have grown up with that have a hidden message about the past or secretly follow historical events in a fairytale-like way. The Wizard of Oz is just one of many. It amazes me that even old songs such as Ring around the Posies and others have a hidden history.