Welcome APUSH'ers

Hello AP US History Students of the Summer 2014e,

Many of you are aware that something happened to the blog and posting was disabled. I only just was able to correct the problems with Google this weekend. I have a How to to help those who haven't posted anything, or just need to submit your final comment. Please do so as soon as you can. Deadlines will be extended to Tuesday, August 19th at 10 pm for all the Summer Blog deadlines.

You can access the Help Sheet by Clicking Here.

You need to post comments three different times for your Summer Reading.

Every time you post
, you must include your first and last name-- every time you post (get the idea that your name is important?). Without a name, grades cannot be assigned. Keep in mind that we do not know you by name other than from the legal roster, please put any given names not used in parenthesis).

It is IMPORTANT that you use the username and password included in your Summer Reading packet. (username: mcapush2 password: historyrules)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kaitlin Ward

For the summer reading assignment, I chose to read Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam Jr. I decided to read this because it seemed like an interesting book and many had recommended I would like the book. Rocket Boys was funny and very entertaining. It provided me with a better perspective of how rockets came about and how different it was back then.

2 comments:

Mcapush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mcapush said...

Hi Kaitlin! I am glad you enjoyed reading Rocket Boys, which was my second pick (after The Jungle)…Maybe I will read that book, too, since I have already bought it. I know I enjoyed the movie version, October Sky, when I watched it several years ago, so I would imagine the book that inspired it must be even better, as the books almost always are. After you watch the movie, you can let me know how the two versions compare. Does the movie differ significantly from the book, or does the director stay true to the original plot?
Enjoy the movie, and good luck with your project. Hopefully I will see you in my APUSH class this fall! - Kirsten Huffer
P.S. The previous comment was mine, but I deleted it because I forgot to include my name.